Kindly send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Junior Stylist / Design Assistant _UDE0006”
Job Title: Junior Stylist / Design Assistant
Reporting Into: Design Director - MEA
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
To support the design team in enhancing interior designs with décor, artwork, florals, decorative accessories, and creative product placement. To support the design team in sourcing and selecting material finishes for project delivery.
- Finding, seeking, and sourcing furniture and decorative interior items to enhance and complete interior design projects both online and in the local retail market.
- Procurement of those items, following the relevant Arena standard operating procedures and working closely with our procurement department.
- Preparation of creative visual concept pages showing details of furniture, florals, décor accessories and artworks to complement the interior design concepts.
- Working in close collaboration with our Interior Designers on ways to enhance their designs with décor and biophilic elements.
- Working closely with our Furniture Manager and Warehouse team on inventory, advising them of new items procured and advising on latest stock levels.
- Responsible for packing and unpacking accessories onsite and keeping track of items.
- Ensuring that stock is delivered to the site in time for the project set up and handover.
- Responsibility onsite for placing items and ensuring that everything is clean and well laid out.
- Assisting project teams in the final layout of furniture and upholstery items, such as cushions.
- Responsible for keeping an up-to-date, tidy materials sample library for use by design and production teams.
- Maintenance of library control samples.
- Sourcing new products and suppliers in the local market and sharing these materials with the design team to inspire design concepts.
- Assisting the designers and project managers in compiling samples for client approval and sign off.
- Work with the Procurement team on sourcing new samples and obtaining materials pricing.
- Liaising with existing suppliers on prior knowledge of materials.
- Sourcing at designers' request for any specific materials for a project.
- Creative, strong design aesthetic to be demonstrated in a personal portfolio.
- Organized, thorough multitasker with a strong eye for detail.
- Positive approach to problem-solving with an ability to respond to a constantly changing environment.
- Flexible and fluid attitude, thriving in a dynamic work environment with a willingness and availability to work outside office hours when needed.
- Fluent in Abode Creative Suite and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Qualification in interior design, photography, or relevant arts subject.
- Valid UAE driver’s license with own car.
- 5+ years’ experience in the relevant creative field