Kindly send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Designer (Exhibitions) _UDE0004”
Job Title: Designer (Exhibitions)
Reporting Into: Lead Designer
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
To produce innovative and creative architectural and interior design concepts for exhibition stands, experience centers, event stage set-up, activation set-up and pop-ups. Responsibility ranges from design concept, through developed design and into technical design phases up to delivered event.
- Researching and developing a client’s brief and liaising with all relevant departments to ensure you are designing the most appropriate Arena products and services.
- Developing creative architectural concepts to meet client’s brief for exhibition stands.
- Interior space planning, including furniture layouts.
- Design and specification of all customized elements and FF&E required for an event, such as interior architectural features, bespoke counters, feature bars, and food presentation areas alongside our rental furniture
- Production of Concept Plans, Elevations, and 3D rendered images using Sketch Up/3DS Max/VRay/Vantage and Autocad to demonstrate the concept design.
- Preparation of creative design presentations for clients using Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign utilizing Arena Standard layouts.
- Preparation of Technical Design package using Arena drawing standards.
- Briefing and Coordinating with CAD Draughtsman on technical drawing packages.
- Liaise with Lead Designer on any RFIs needed and ensure that all designs are delivered in a timely manner.
- Review design packages with the Lead Designer before submittal to ensure all design information is correct and meets the client brief.
- Assist with the resolution of design clashes and conflicts to expedite the design and delivery process. Ensuring all correct parties are informed.
- Responsible for Material and finishes selection and material submittals.
- Keep a good awareness of supplier and market stock items for efficient and accurate specifying of finishes.
- Recommend value engineering and design modifications where suitable to help the team meet commercial objectives.
- Maintenance of design log to maintain proper document control.
- Provide design expertise to the procurement team during the tendering and production phases.
- Site visits to support the delivery team and ensure the build is being implemented in alignment with the approved design.
- Follow all Arena Design team standard operating procedures.
- Quick thinker, with lots of ideas.
- Organized, thorough multitasker with a strong eye for detail.
- Able to problem solve and respond to a constantly changing situation.
- Flexible and fluid attitude, thriving in a dynamic work environment with a willingness and availability to work outside office hours when needed.
- Skilled interior designer/architect with a passion for concept development, design AI, modular, sustainable architecture and interior design for hospitality, events, or exhibition/retail design.
- 3DS Max (renderer Vantage/Vray), Autocad, Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to create animated walk-throughs an advantage.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in Architecture or Interior Design is a minimum requirement.
- 5+ years’ experience in exhibition stand design, pop-ups, activations, experience centers etc.